Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

And the Search Began

I used to daydream about my wedding day and all the preparations that come before that.  I never thought that when the time actually comes that I have to plan my real wedding that I would be completely, utterly lost.  JP and I started to envision what we want our wedding to be like, and up until we finally made our first booking, we must have changed our minds about a lot of wedding stuff a dozen of times.  

"Let's make it our anniversary date" to "Maybe it's better to hold it on November" to "Wala nang ibang available date. December na lang."

"We'll just look for churches, venues and hotels in QC area" to "Maybe we can check out Mandaluyong and Ortigas area" to "Finally, Fort Bonifacio."

"I want a Grecian-inspired wedding gown that my Mom can just sew for me.  It'll probably cost me less than P3000" to "I think I'll go for a sheer strapped, ready-to-wear gown priced at not more than P5000" to "I'm in love with this fully-laced, mermaid cut wedding gown!  I wonder if anyone could make this for me at P10,000 tops?"

We have only made a couple of bookings so far and we still have a long way to go.  I pray that making decisions for this wedding doesn't always have to be this way.  Otherwise, 10 months wouldn't be enough to prepare for this most awaited event in our lives.

Pity me.  And pity JP more.

No comments:

Post a Comment